How can sexual harassment training in the workplace protect my company from liability in Pennsylvania?
All state agencies are required to complete a Discrimination and Sexual Harassment Prevention course. Some organizations provide additional training on prevention and awareness workplace sexual harassment. You can read more at the Pennsylvania Equal Employment Opportunity Training Web Page
The EEOC is the federal governing body that describes and enforces sexual harassment and discrimination laws. Read more at (EEOC Harassment). According to the EEOC sexual harassment and other forms of employment discrimination violate Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, the Age Discrimination in Employment Act of 1967, (ADEA), and the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, (ADA).
There are a number of steps the EEOC recommends that employers take to reduce their chances of liability for sexual harassment claims.
- Implementing a strong and well understood sexual harassment policy.
- Providing a robust sexual harassment training program for training employees and supervisors.
- Establishing an effective complaint and grievance process, within which the employees do not have to fear retaliation.
- An employer should act Immediately to investigate any complaint or grievance.
- The employer should take immediate steps such as disciplinary action to stop harassment.
- Employees should be encouraged to confront the harasser directly and inform them that the conduct is inappropriate as well as informing management and Human Resources.
Sexual Harassment Training Tip: Prevention is the BEST tool.
By ensuring that employees understand and are well trained in workplace sexual harassment policies, employers can greatly reduce their chances of being liable for monetary damages in sexual harassment cases.
Our onsite Sexual Harassment training seminars are also available in the following Pennsylvania hotels:
Holiday Inn Express Allentown
5630 Tilghman St.
Allentown, PA, 18104
Springhill Suites Erie
2087 Interchange Rd
Erie, PA, 16509
Doubletree by Hilton Philadelphia
237 South Broad St.
Philadelphia, PA, 19107
Hampton Inn Pittsburgh
4575 Mcknight Rd
Pittsburgh, PA, 15237
Homewood Suites by Hilton Reading
2801 Papermill Rd
Reading, PA, 19610